29 March, 2011

Trends

Here are a few stories you shouldn't have missed for the past fortnight:

(1) Rebecca's BLACK Friday Music Video



60million views to date, you have probably been living in a secluded cave with no opening for the past two weeks if you haven't heard of her yet.

However, I don't really think it is her fault. Some people have been diligent enough to look up who wrote those (stupid) lyrics, so I think that's where the bombardings should head.

And if you watch the interview of her, you would realise that she actually has a great voice without all the technical altering. This is how technology SCREWS the talent of people. Those people who did that should be ashamed of themselves.



Another thing people have been saying that all her friends either have moles or braces. Truth is, all those in the MV are her friends. You don't choose friends through audition, do you?



(2) Peter Coffin and his.... imaginary (girl)friend

....got busted.

Some bloggers in Singapore blog about absolutely nothing substantial- food eaten from day to day, some random camwhores, random emoies or cheesy lines that send goosebumps down your back.

But some like Xiaxue, they actually churn out some diligently-researched posts that have people awed by the amount of effort they put into their work.

Well, even if the entry is meant to BREAK someone.

The whole story revolves around 2 people and 2 blog entries in Xiaxue's blog. Here's the summary: http://www.urlesque.com/2011/03/25/peter-coffin-fake-girlfriend/ .

I don't know what people think, but the psychotic look on his face? Never a chance be someone I'd subscribe to on YouTube in the very first place. I think the Friendster (yes, that's my generation) syndrome is creeping in on Facebook and Twitter users alike now. All the collecting people and friends stuff.

Sometimes you follow random people to learn random things. That's how some random people become "famous" without good reasons. Then one day you realise the person you have been following was no better than the foe you hated in school? How do you feel about being one of those followers then huh?

Just a thought to think about.


(3) 91.3FM Cultured Call

The audio wave is, by now, removed from the website. Serves you right, for not keeping up with the news. See how much fun you missed.

Anyway, the story goes along that... A person by the name of Samantha called in to 91.3FM, and started with this whole talk about how heartlanders should stay where they are, because Holland V. people are more cultured, high-class. And questions why go all the way to their Holland V. for laksa?

But I must agree, sometimes slippers just ain't the right thing to wear, you know? I've seen people wearing slippers for job interviews and auditions. Like, what's going through your head? Do you save your nice shoes for the wet market?


(4) New Ris Low

Maybe I should have placed this on the top of the list, but anyway, there's this new girl from a bikini competition, and she has a quirky accent and sense of humour.

Personally I find her more likeable. (:

But I'm not gonna hyperlink the video here. Don't like to give that site any hits at all. Hmph. Go google it yourself.


(5) A primary school habit gone wrong

The storyline is pretty clear- NS man. Maid. Bag. Maid carry bag. NEWS.

I'd call this a primary school mistake gone wrong, you know. Principals like the one I had in Xinmin, told us that we should take responsibility for our own belongings. If that is your bag, why should your mum be carrying it for you?

I never once allowed any family member/adult/anyone else to carry my bag since. But in this case? Maybe the habit is still there.

From another perspective, maybe he has a reason afterall.

Not sure if anyone else has such an experience, but I've a minor sprain of my ankle, so when I board the bus to school, I quickly sit down. Then some elderly board the bus, everyone looks at me.

At that moment, I just wished my ankle would make beeping sounds telling people "She is lame, you should stand up instead". Maybe that would make things less awkward for me.

Just like what my lecturer said before, why point fingers and volunteer others? Stand up, if you want, if not, just keep quiet!

So maybe he had some problems too. Maybe if the photo was from Hogwarts, we would have seen a .gif-like file that can clear the air?