09 May, 2011

薪水 · Salary

想写些和大选没有关系的内容……

I have the urge to blog about some thoughts not relevant to General Election...

身为理工学院毕业生,我觉得找工作并不难。但在呈交履历表等资料时,我觉得有一项特别难填写——预期工资。

As a Polytechnic soon-to-be graduate, I think it isn't hard to find a job. But when it comes to filling in a resume, there's a certain blank I found difficult to fill in- Expected Salary.

初入社会,对于职业的薪水了解是课堂上几乎没有提到的。因此,总觉得十分为难。刚毕业填多了或许会被嫌弃,甚至是失去机会。如果填少了,久而久之又有自己很‘廉价’的感觉,有点难受。

It's the first time I'm joining the industry and society, and salary is one thing that is hardly talked about during lessons. Therefore, I've always felt myself being in a difficult position. What if my expected salary is too high, and the employer would look down on me or deprive me a chance for interview? And what if my expected salary is too low, and I'll find myself "cheap" in the long run? That's really hard to accept.


还有,最近在考虑购买手机,所以正在思考怎么安排和控制花费。

On the other hand, I've been considering to purchase a new mobile phone, and was planning how to arrange and curb the expenses that are likely to incur.

忽然发现,对我来说一个月的薪水能做的远超过洗碗阿姨薪水能做的;而又有的上阶层人士一个月的薪水等于我一年的薪水。又有点难受了。

I suddenly realise that in relative, my monthly salary can be used in more ways than that of a cleaning lady, and that there are also people in higher positions whose monthly salary is a year of mine. That's another thought that is hard to accept.

小学时期第一次听到同学之间说交换‘口香糖’,我就很想加入某个小团体。后来才明白他们说的是电脑游戏世界Neopets中的‘口香糖’。但我也就因此迷上了Neopets。

I remember back in my primary school days when I first heard two classmates talking about exchanging "bubblegum", and I wanted to join their clique. Some time later, I came to understand that they meant "Bubblegum" in the Neopets world. But anyway, that's how I started getting obsessed with the Neopets world.


其实Neopets虽然是虚拟世界,但有的规律还是和真实生活类似的。

In fact, Neopets has pretty much similar rules and underlying principles with reality.

我喜欢通过游戏赚钱,但对我哥哥而言,在虚拟世界中炒股票的利润更多、更快速。

I like to earn Neopoints through games, but my brothers prefer to invest in stocks that are more profitable within a short period of time.


所以就算是在虚拟世界中,还是有的人平凡地努力、有的人投机取巧、有的人稳扎稳打且步步为营。

It shows that even in a cyber world, there would still be some people trying the traditional way to work hard, and there would also be a bunch of people who earn money by taking chances. Of course, there would also be people who choose to earn money the stable and consistent way.



这仿佛是人类潜移默化中的思维与生存模式,只是说成人比较有可能意识到阶级差别罢了。

It's like a principle of life of mankind, in our thinking and means of survival. It's just that relative to children, adults are more likely to be aware of the situation.

当然,永远都会有一群人是任劳任怨继续一点一滴地拼搏的。

Of course, there would always be a bunch of people willing to work hard, bit by bit.