25 March, 2012

手机(第四场) · Mobile Phone (Round 4)

星期五只是过了半个钟头就无法联系客服人员了。
I was trying to contact the customer service centre just half an hour past their business hours and I could no longer do so. That was Friday.

星期六只是没理由、大喊大叫了十分钟,晚上九点都还有服务人员工作,拨电告诉我手机星期四会到,如果没有人联系我,我可以在星期五亲自下去维修部进行交换。(原来还有货到但不联系用户的道理……)
All I had to do was yell at them, perhaps even nonsensical verbal anger, and their service person was available even at 9pm during the weekend to get back to me about my phone. Apparently my phone is arriving on Thursday, and the lady (Charlene) said that I could go down on Friday to claim it even if no one calls me about the phone arrival. What's with the logic about not contacting the consumer when her exchange arrives?

耐心、冷静和安慰都已经在一个月的不便中消磨殆尽,剩下的只是冷眼看他们怎么混下去。
All my patience and level-headed sanity came to an end, and all I want to do now is to see how much more of my time they can waste.

交易还没进行,一切就都还是未知数。
So long as the physical exchange hasn't happen, there's still a chance that they would screw up.

所谓的信任都已经不存在。
There's nothing left of trust in them.