16 May, 2012

代沟 · Generation Gap

By the time I write this entry, I would have left my "current" workplace. While I love the work environment, it was time for a new chapter of my life. More about that in another entry.
During this parasite period where I have no job, I've been taking the time to explore Singapore, tidy my room and reformat my life. It's like a fresh breakup, where I shouldn't be in a hurry to jump into a new relationship. Instead, take the time to reflect, live life, before deciding on the next step.

That being said, I found this picture that I wanted to blog ago.

I was on my way to work when I found the candy on the left. It's somewhat my childhood candy, and it brought back a lot of memories. I was so happy that I shared it with my colleague at work.

Her reaction? (The following is just a rough summary)

That's your childhood candy?
Mine is like... *looks at the pantry*


THIS.

And she showed me the sour plum candy on the right.

I mean... Yeah... I have seen the sour plum candy too, but it was no longer the IN thing during my childhood...? #justsaying

And my colleague went on to comment on how hers was just wrapped with gold paper, while mine even came with a plastic casing.

Talk about generation gap...