30 June, 2012

Trip to Zoo!

After pestering everyone I know that I want to go to the zoo, a savior finally came by!
Thank you Connie. (:

We went to the zoo in the morning, and I feel a bit bad because a few hours before Connie's text message, I received message from my boss inviting me to go back to work on the same day to have lunch with the bunch.
So end up Connie took leave to go zoo with me, but she still has to wake early in the morning on her leave day. Thank you and sorry! But she made me wait for... 1 hour? Yeah. So we're equals now. Muahaha.
Awesome Connie managed to get the ticket + tram ride for $14 instead of $25! But I forgot to return her the money. Must remember!!!!
The first animal we saw when we got to the zoo was the monkey. Monkeysssss. So nice that they were not separated from us by any barrier, but at the same time, I got abit paranoid whenever we reach any place that has a mass land of trees, afraid that they would swing by above our heads anytime.

Saw a family holding hands and walking in a line... abit inconsiderate, but more importantly, it's such a sweet sight!
I seriously think that such places are awesome alternatives to shopping malls where it's awkward to wait around for family shopping together. Going to places like zoo are so much more enjoyable because we'd all enjoy the same surprises.

Well, that's if you don't have a momo like mine who doesn't like animals lah hor. ~_~||

Saw the tapir! Super fail at first because I was looking into the area, and it stood in a corner, and I thought there's nothing. Camouflage WIN!

Saw the white tiger next. I love the white tigers but... the way that tiger was pacing by the edge was abit scary. Because the wooden track leading to its section showed that a tiger can prance damn far with one shot. It was pacing back and forth looking at us human beings and I was worried it would LEAP FORWARD and kill us!

When we left the area, Connie saw that the white tigers were sponsored by... Tiger beer. T_T||

Entered the pygmy hippo section. Pygmy means that it's the smallest of its kind! But I saw the damn sad fishes that are barely moving. They are just there as you see in the picture below, not moving AT ALL! I didn't even get to use high shutter speed yo.
....and yeah, you can see me in the reflection. Incidental 自拍.

Saw some reptiles but I don't know if it's just that caged animals are just plainly sad, or if it's just too early in the morning... but they are all so inactive. Connie even asked me if the lizard thingy below was a statue or a real animal. I presumed the latter.
Else I'm quite dumb to be taking the photo.... right?? =/

The photo below is such a good thin-spiration!
"Lie down watching TV and stone all day,
and you'll have a fat tummy like I do."


Snake head! V-face yo. *envious*

We were quite excited to get behind the wooden doors from the reptile section into the kangeroos section! But being a coward as I am, I was afraid the kangeroos would jump at me!

End up they were separated from the walkway by wooden logs and... they were barely moving around too.
Apparently they can leap up to 13m far each time, and they can only move around with both legs together on land. (I didn't know they can swim!)
But Connie was disappointed because they aren't as big in size as she had expected them to be.

I love elephants! 大象~ 大象~ 你的鼻子怎么那么长~ (:


I got super close to this elephant! But it was drinking water, and I was afraid it would spray water at the audience (aka Connie and I) after it sucks the water up its trunk! Okay, watched too much drama.
But they are really HUGE and cute! I like how they appear to be the most active of the bunch of animals we saw too.
Saw the sealion performance at the new Nature Fights Back show!


I would love to cuddle that sealion. I did take video of its awesome performance! ^_^
Then Connie and I got hungry, and went to the new Ah Meng cafe for late breakfast. The porridge is well-cooked but cost $5.50 abit too expensive lor. =/ Tourist to-go always overpriced. Not good.
Then we finally got on the tram ride, because the sun was too hot, and I was running abit late for lunch at workplace... End up we forgot to alight at the right stop, and the tram went two rounds around all stops before we alighted.
We went into the souvenir shop to literally 转一圈before cabbing to MSP, arriving minutes late.
Thank you Connie once again! =D
And this is like one of the most current and positive entry I did this year. =)
I'm gonna go again for a full day to enjoy spending time with all the rest of the animals and areas we didn't have time to cover!

Guess I'm right to say that I'm not the only one whose trips to the zoo happened only back in primary school during school excursions?

Yeah, but the zoo has changed so much since the last time I visited. It's so much more interactive and amazing now, but the animals are significantly more inactive, which is a bit sad. =(

Now it's time to look forward to the pandas coming to Singapore. ((: