11 July, 2012

“Hello Miss...”

昨天在哥哥的毕业典礼上遇到了我小学一年级的导师。
Met my form teacher from primary one at my brother's graduation ceremony last night.



相隔14年,同款眼镜框款、同样的衣着发型、同样的微笑、不变的气质。
14 years have passed, and it's still the same spectacles, look, smile and aura.

还记得以前我怎么画画的,忍不住又把老师的形象简单地勾画了一遍。
I still remember how I used to draw when I was younger, so I couldn't help but drew how I had drawn her in the past.


每回偶然遇到曾经同班的同学等,第一个反应总是选择逃避,当作“没看见”。
I've always been the kind of person to avoid classmates when I see them on the streets.

因为我不知道别人是否记得我,而我们又该说什么?
Because I cannot be sure if they recognised me, and besides, what's there to say?

问彼此近况如何的意义何在?答案未必真的放在心上,更多的是填补尴尬的随口问问。
How are you? There may not be genuine concern behind the question, just a question to avoid awkwardness.

你旁边这位是谁?显得很三八?又不是正式见家长,何来的介绍?
Who's this with you? Would it seem a little busybody of me to ask? Isn't it weird to introduce our parents when it isn't a formal meeting? (To me it is)

所以总是很怕看到以前认识的同学等。
So I'm always afraid to see people I used to know.


但是昨天看到老师,心里涌上一股前所未有的暖流,还有一点鼻酸(不因感冒)。
But when I saw Miss Teo yesterday, there was a warm fuzzy feeling that came to me from within, and I even felt a little teary (but not from the flu that I had).

很自然地走向老师,微笑地跟老师打招呼。
I walked up to her naturally to say hi.

“Hello Miss...”



尴尬了。隔了14年,老师还是"Miss“吗?会不会被老师K啊?
Awkward~ It's been 14 years, so is she still a 'Miss'? Would she whack me for saying that?

所以就这样,称呼默默地代过。
And the hello faded off just like this.


老师是去参加弟弟的毕业典礼,所以说,我们都是there for our brothers' graduation.
Miss Teo was there to attend her brother's graduation, just like I am.

激动-ing 仍未停止。
I was feeling quite emotional.


在走开前,很自然、很激动地挤出一句——
And before I left, I actually said

"I'm really really happy to see you again!"

我从来没有那么激动、那么…… 直接。
I've never been this emotional and honest with my feelings when meeting someone I haven't met in a long while. But it all came so naturally.


忽然不介意老师是否会想我成熟了、我胖了、我丑了,反而真的沉浸在昔日的亲切中。
Unlike the usual, it didn't worry me how she thought of me. I didn't care if she thought I looked matured, uglier, fatter or anything. I was all immersed in the familiarity from the past.

幸好我有一颗健康的心,否则昨天可能就心脏衰竭了,真的。
Was really glad that I have a young and healthy heart, or I may have had suffered a heart failure.


慢慢明白,真挚的朋友,隔了多久重逢都不会少了话题或多了尴尬。
When all the emotions settled, I came to see that if it's a true old friend, we would never worry about feeling awkward, or that we have nothing to talk about.

因为彼此之间相处的过去,填满了不存在但可能冒起的尴尬,所以一切变得自然、无所谓。
It's because we have had so much in common in the past, and all the things that we have to talk about would fill in any awkward gaps. And communication suddenly becomes very natural, and no judgements matter.

仔细想想,我有好几位这样的好朋友。
Come to think of it, I have a handful of such good buddies.




谢谢你们的存在。=')
Thank you for being there. (: