08 October, 2012

Happy Birthday Gwyn!

今天是一位好朋友的生日,所以在赶完《马国行》之后,就一直在画、擦、拍、剪辑、上载。很开心来得及献上祝福。
Today's the birthday of a very good friend of mine, so I got to work preparing a birthday video for him, as soon as I was done with the Malaysia blogpost. I have been drawing, erasing, photo-taking, editing and uploading for the past two hours and I'm glad the video made it in time.



在理工学院时期,有位转系的同学总能做出很精彩的课堂呈现PPT。当时我很好奇他用什么软件,在打听之下才知道,他用的也只是Powerpoint,重要的是,他的脑袋、思想和创意。
During my Poly days, we had a transfer student who was superb with presentations. I was curious what software he used, and found out much later that he used nothing more than Powerpoint, just like anyone of us. What made the difference was his creativity.

有人说,城市小孩学踢足球,首先就先吵父母买最贵最好的球鞋、足球明星踢的足球、衬衫和专业运动员的袜子,倒头来踢不到两个月就厌倦了。
There was a saying that a modern kid learns to play football by asking his parents to buy him the best shoes, soccer ball, jersey and socks, but gives up two months later out of boredom.

反观贫穷的乡下孩子,把旧报纸等揉成、折成球,赤着脚,在草地和洋灰地间踢球,多少人不是问题,空地多大不是问题,只要有双脚,有个球,自有足球的天下。
On the contrary, a village kid makes soccer ball out of unwanted newspapers, plays barefooted on both grass and concrete, and never worries about the 'standard' number of players. All he needs are his legs and a ball, to create his own soccer world.

重点是——也许我没有就读专业电影制作学院、虽然我没有最先进最流行的剪辑软件、即使我的时间和金钱有限,只要我努力多费点心思,障碍和限制都能开启更多的可能性。
My point is, I may not be a trained professional, may not have the best video editing software, and may not have the financial capability nor time to make something AWESOME for my friend or in life. All I need is actually more effort, creativity and belief of turning limitations into liberated possibilities.

这位好朋友之所以那么重要,因为他在我人生最重要、最孤独害怕的关卡,拉了我一把,为我加油打气。
This friend is important to me, because he stood by me at the most important crossroads of my life. He came with a helping hand as well as a much-needed dose of assurance.

两位兄长都读初级学院,所以我在理工学院开课前,十分忐忑不安。但在一次音乐会的聚会上,他让我知道,理工学院是自由也是自觉的时候,让我知道他从中收益不浅,让我安了心。
Both my brothers went to Junior College, and I became very worried about the unknown in Poly. When we met at a musical performance, he told me that Poly is the time for freedom and more importantly, self-discovery. He told me how much he benefited from it, and that was very much help.

最近在找工作,到了分岔路,也是他的提点和提醒,让我找到了前进的勇气和理由。更重要的是,让我少走很多冤枉路。
Lately when I've decided to look for a job, he gave me some reminders that gave me the courage to pursue something I would never dare to otherwise. More importantly, it saved me a lot of detours in my career.

或许你会觉得这一切不足挂齿,但却是在我人生最关键的时刻,为我打了强心针。
You may think that what he had done is insignificant, but he was there when I needed someone most.

谢谢你,谢谢这段友谊,谢谢你的鼓励和引导。
For that, thank you, thank you for the friendship, thank you for your encouragement and guidance thus far.