05 November, 2012

《缘分》(1):六个月

两年前,我们在理工学院认识。无论是相处、合作还是闲聊,一切都那么的自然。
We met two years ago in Poly. Everything was so natural - the chats, the projects, the get-togethers.

后来,学校安排我们班到国外留学六个月。
Later on, my school arranged for my class to go overseas for half a year.

那时你说,你无法等我。
You told me you couldn't wait.

所以我们选择和平地在分岔路口让脚步走远。
So we chose to go our separate ways. Our steps parted for the first time.

六个月,一切在忙碌、体验和适应中度过。认识了很多朋友,但不时难免有些尴尬。
The six months passed real quick. I've made new friends there, but there's always some sort of awkwardness.

想了想,跟你认识以来,我们之间从未尴尬过。
That's right, that's one thing I've never felt when we were together.

六个月中,我们完全没有联络。是放下,或者过去只是一场梦?
We never talked, not once, in those six months. Did you let it go, or was it all just my dream?

朋友赠送的信件和礼物我从小就收集,这时才发现,我们生命里没有纪念回忆的礼物。
I cherish gifts from my friends, but that made me realise, our memories had no physical commemoration.

后来在毕业典礼上,我们的脚步总算再次走到一起。
The next time we met again, was at our graduation ceremony.

这时你说,六个月的距离却无法让你远离过去的回忆。
Then you told me, that the six months meant nothing, as our memories are deeply etched.

那空白的六个月,你竟然有毅力用回忆补上、并且填满。
You found a way with your strength, to fill those months with our memories.

如果办得到,当初为何匆匆放弃?
If you could do it, why were you in a rush to give up in the first place?

在理工学院相处的日子,我们的衣着有别,但是心靠得很近。
Back during our Poly days, our clothing differ, but our heartbeats were in sync, almost too close.

现在因为失望,即使我们身穿同样的毕业袍,但是心已永远分隔两地。
Because of the disappointment then, our hearts can never beat together again, even when we look the same on the outside.

那次的分岔路口,不是各自人生的分路,而是选择升华感情或各奔东西的抉择。
Did you know, that separate paths then wasn't leading to our individual lives, but simply two choices? You could choose to let go, or bring things one step further. Your choice was clear.

再见了,缘分。
Goodbye, fate.