05 November, 2012

《缘分》(2):遥望

最近哥哥在房屋经纪人的带领下,看了几间新单位。
Been visiting some new apartments recommended by my brother's agent.

新建组屋之间的距离似乎越来越近了,没有我们目前的组屋那么宽敞。
The distance between new HDB buildings are getting closer, unlike our current estate.

如果我们居住的单位是现代工程,或许我不会注意到你。
If we lived in such a modern estate, I may not have noticed you. 

我住15楼,你住7楼。从房间往下望,我就能看到你的房间。
I live on 15th storey, and you, the 7th. Looking out of my window, I can see your room.

有一个晚上,我因为心烦,所以到窗台边吹风,偶然看见你躺在床上,低头抱着你的小熊。
One night when I was trying to take a break, I walked to the window, and happened to see you lying on your bed, burying your head in your teddy bear.

耸动的肩、抽动的身子、低着的头……你在哭吗?
Those shrugging shoulders, that body shiver, and your head buried... Were you crying?

后来的日子里,不禁开始注意你的单位的方向。
Since then, glancing in the direction of your apartment became a habit.

熬夜完成工作的时候,发现我并不是一个人。因为你房间亮着灯,感到莫名的安慰和鼓励。
Sometimes when I'm working late at night, I realised I'm not alone. The light in your room made me feel like I have a companion.

有一天身体不适,跟公司请了假。在床上躺得正郁闷,无意识地走到了窗边。
One day when I felt unwell, I took leave from work. And of course, I walked to the window unknowingly.

如果你住的是6楼,我的视线会被大树遮挡。
If your apartment were on the 6th and not the 7th, my view would have been obstructed by that tree.

如果我住的是16楼,我只能看到你的窗口,或许就看不到你哭泣的那一刻。
If my apartment were on the 16th floor and not the 15th, I wouldn't have been able to see beyond your window. And I wouldn't have seen you cry.

8楼的距离,那么刚巧。
An 8-storey distance.

你有看《败犬女王》吗?8的差距,是无限大的距离。
Have you watched the the Taiwan drama, "My Queen"? 8 is infinite distance.

我们可能在生活中有所交集吗?
Would we ever get a chance to meet in reality?