28 December, 2012

天真过往 · Dumb Old Me

小时候总有各种天真的想法,最近忽然想起来,累计起来,在这里分享!
I've had really naive thoughts when I was young, and just so happened that I recalled some examples lately. Decided to share them here. Laugh with me!

(1)起跑线 Race Start Lineup

以前小时候只是听过别人说,所以很长时间以来,我都以为是“ready, cassettee, GO!”
I've always heard people yell the line from far, but never seen it in words. So for many years I've always assumed it's "ready, cassette, GO!"

(P.S.: If you know what a cassette tape is, CONGRATULATIONS! You're OLD, just like me.)

Source: randalldsmith.com


说实话,我也是为了写这篇才去Google真正的答案的。网上甚至有连锁论坛讨论来源,据说最早起源于1907年!
Frankly speaking, it's only because of this blogpost that I went to Google to check and verify the actual answer. In fact, there's even a forum thread on its origin! Apparently it originated from as early as 1907!


(2)爽身粉吸干湿发 Talcum Powder Hair

小时候我们三兄妹很爱玩闹,所以理所当然地会流很多汗。妈妈喜欢我们干净整洁,所以小时候出门前都会在我们手内肘撒爽身粉,帮我们吸汗。
My siblings and I are a fairly active bunch, so we tend to sweat a lot when our parents bring us out. Having a high standard of our image and appearance (higher than my own standard now), my mom always sprinkle talcum powder on our inner elbow (by right, elbow PIT) to keep us fresh and dry.

以前我晚上洗头发都有个苦恼,就是头发很难干。所以有次就灵机一动,把爽身粉撒在头发上,以为可以快速吸去水分。
One night when I was having a hard time drying my hair, I came up with the idea of sprinkling talcum powder all over my head, assuming that it has the  oh-so-magical power of drying things up!

Source: isiswardrobe.blogspot.com

后来才知道,自己是白痴!因为爽身粉是用来让我们皮肤保持干爽的,所以并没有吸水的功能,最多只可以吸油!笨死了,后来还得再去洗头。
Well, it's no surprise that I realized my stupidity not long after I did it. I end up having to wash my hair AGAIN.


(3)生肖 Zodiac

每次过新年,就会换生肖,所以我一直以为我的生肖每年也会换!
Each time we celebrate Lunar new year, it's a new zodiac year. So it means zodiac signs change every year right? Perfect! That's what I thought!! That my zodiac would change EVERY YEAR.

 
每次过一年,我就会再去问妈妈,我属什么生肖???
For a few years, I would ask my momo every now and then the big question - What's my zodiac?? So imagine my disappointment that her answer NEVER changed. Not once.
 
看看等不等得到我喜欢的动物。而真正知道生肖不变,则是因为班上同学流行翻阅杂志查运势,才有人告诉我,全班永远都是属羊。T_T
I've always waited excitedly for the year that my zodiac may be an animal I like. And I only found out the truth when reading zodiac and horoscope signs on magazines became a fad when I was in Primary 5 or 6.
 
 
(4)垃圾槽的秘密 Mystery of the rubbish chute

新加坡的组屋都有垃圾槽,但小时候我有个坏习惯,就是妈妈给我的食物吃不完,就会偷偷把一部分丢掉。当然,我也曾经被爸妈抓包。哈哈哈~
We have rubbish chutes in HDB, and I've had the bad habit of secretly throwing away food I couldn't finish. Of course, my parents would catch me red-handed sometimes.

不知道是不是为了让自己比较没有罪恶感,我总有个想法,在垃圾槽的最底层其实住了一户人家,是靠我丢掉的食物生活温饱的。
I'm not sure if my assumption began in order to make myself feel less guilty, but anyway, I've always believed that a family lives at the bottom end of the rubbish chute, and that they actually survive on the food I throw away!


qrbiz.com
又是怎么发现事实的呢?
So how did I find out the truth?

有一次神经大条地把学生证放在袋子,不小心丢掉。那时不知道这种东西可以重新申请,所以就求哥哥帮我想办法!他才告诉我可以去楼下开的。但是我不敢拿,他就无奈地帮我取出…… 感恩!感恩!
There was once when I absent-mindedly placed my student card in a plastic bag and threw it down the rubbish chute. I didn't know such things are replaceable, so I asked my brother for help! So.. he brought me downstairs to.. well, dig it up. I didn't dare to touch the container, so he became my hero for it. =')))


(5)日历 · 月历 ,傻傻分不清楚 Calendar FAIL

很多人家里都有日历吧,尤其很相信每日时辰禁忌的父母。有一回妈妈叫我去撕一张日历,让她写些草稿,我就问她,是哪个?她不相信我不懂,坚持不告诉我!
Many Chinese families have the by-day calendar that would state the do's and taboos of each day. So one day my mom told me to tear a piece for her to use as rough paper, and I asked her, what calendar? She didn't believe I didn't know, so she told me to.. GO FIGURE.
Source: viewpoint.inewsweek.cn
 
所以后来我就走去厨房,撕了……
I went to the kitchen and tore a sheet off...
 
Source: xiamen.edeng.cn
 月历。
The monthly calendar.

气死妈妈了,她完全笑不出!!!
She was so agitated, her whole face just went... D=<

现在回头想想,自己笨得可以。
Now that I think of it... Wow...



写到这里,还真的有点哭笑不得~~
Can't bear to continue writing my dumb milestones!

以后再想到,再写个Part 2吧,虽然最好是想不到了。*苦笑*
Shall write a sequel when I recall more FAILs. Hopefully not, though. *weak smile*

晚安!
Goodnight!