24 February, 2013

Meet Up with BFFs! Part ONE

每次心情低落,最安慰的就是跟好朋友见面吧。以前会跟别人比较,谁的朋友多。后来才明白,真正能两肋插刀的患难之交,不要多,够就好,最重要。

Meeting up with besties during my "depressions" is one of the best cure. Back in my younger days, I used to secretly compare if I have more friends than others. Much later on, I realized that quantity doesn't matter. What's important is having friends who are there for you when you need them.


不久前是情人节,也因为在Pinterest上看到一个很可爱的Elmo卡片,所以就亲自尝试复制给好朋友。效果还不错!

February is the month of Valentine's Day! I also happen to chance upon a really cute Elmo card on Pinterest, so I made one for bestie myself.



普通店里买得到的礼物对我来说……比较没有诚意吧。所以在时间允许的情况下,我制作了一个DIY开心盒。

知道她上大学以来(为什么说起来有妈妈的感觉……)一直很有压力,面对一些不是很好的人,事情也有不顺。没什么是比快乐更可贵的了,所以,就做了一个让她看了会开心的小礼物。

如果你也有需要找回笑容的朋友,不妨也做看看!蛮简单的!

Store-bought gifts are, in my opinion, not comparable to DIY gifts. So when I have enough time, I'd try to make something DIY for my friends, in this case, a blue day box.

I know that life hasn't been easy for her since uni life started, so I made her this in hope of making her smile whenever she feels down.

If you know someone who could do with a little spare happiness, try this! It's pretty simple!


为了让这份礼物更实用,我加了一个纸夹,让她能夹一些小纸张。

To make this gift more practical, I added a paperclip so that she can clip some post-its or something.





礼物有一点扁,所以我用剩下的纸,剪割成碎条,放在盒子。

The gift is a little small for the box, so I cut up the leftover paper into curly-wurlys as filler.


简单的盒子设计!

A simple box design!



后来我们约在一家日本经营的意大利餐馆,一起吃晚餐。起初吸引我的是虾沙拉,因为Delifrance和Suki Sushi都已经不卖这道了。另外,很多佳肴标的价都是NETT,比较没有1.17的心理负担。

还有!!在PizzaHut $3.90可以加汤和一杯汽水,在Saizeriya的$3.90,有一碗沙拉,还有自助站,添水添到你尿失禁~ 开玩笑啦。哈哈哈~ 为了面子问题,总是不喜欢一直麻烦服务员添水嘛,自助站最好了,添到神不知鬼不觉。

We met at a Saizeriya, a Japanese chain of Italian restaurant. The first thing that attracted my attention was their shrimp salad, because Delifrance and Suki Sushi have stopped selling my favorite prawn salad. Secondly, many prices stated in their menu are NETT prices, so there's no psychological pressure of 1.17.

ALSO!! For $3.90, you get a soup of the day and fizzy drink at Pizza Hut. At Saizeriya, I get a bowl of salad, as well as free flow of drinks at a self-service booth where you can get refills until your bladder bursts! Hahaha~ Usually in ATAS places where they say free flow.. You'll feel paiseh asking the waitress to refill. In this case, you can refill without anyone judging you!! Awesomez.


我必须说明,他们菜单中主要以培根和牛肉为强打,但我吃鸡肉的,也不赖。分量也刚刚好。他们的小菜玉蜀黍也非常非常的甜,可见很用心!

I have to say, though, their main feature dishes consist of bacon and beef. I ordered a chicken dish, one of the very few choices, and it's not bad too. The portion's right, and their side dish corn is also very very well-prepared! Goes to show how meticulous they are, not just with the main, but also the sidekicks.


以上是我的芝士鸡扒($6.90 NETT);以下是朋友的芝士香肠($3.90 NETT)。

The dish on top is my Cheese Chicken Steak ($6.90 NETT); The dish below is my friend's Cheese Chicken Sausage ($3.90 NETT).


大力推荐这个地方啦!希望他们不会倒闭~

点击这里可以浏览他们的菜单!http://www.saizeriya.com.sg/our-menu/

I highly recommend this food outlet! I hope they don't close down anytime soon~~~

You can view their complete and humanly-comprehensible menu here - http://www.saizeriya.com.sg/our-menu/


有一天在家里的时候,看到一只黄鸟在树上,就索性拍了一张,好酷!!

Spotted this yellow bird from my window one day, and took a photo. Super cool!