04 March, 2013

不是世界末日 · It's not the end of the world

Picture credit: www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk
心境决定环境。

心情好的时候,遇到多糟糕的事对我而言都没怎样。找不到工作也好、采访被拒绝也罢,都会觉得……下次更努力就好。

心情不好的时候,遇到再小的麻烦都足以让我掉进无底深渊。找不到工作就开始怀疑自己的能力、自己是不是没有用;采访被拒绝就怀疑自己是否应该放弃,因为别人永远只在乎大媒体……自己凭什么觉得自己办得到?

当然,我也喜欢坚强的自己,因为会有很大的动力,去尝试很多事情。但面对脆弱的自己,往往处于不知所措。心情低落,脑子却会一直告诉自己“又不是世界末日~~”。心却比脑强。

所以咯,最近心情不错。如果你也不开心……希望你尽快找回最坚强、最努力的自己。

好的自己可以把我们推上更高峰。懦弱的自己,往往只会带我们走向尽头。


Attitude determines the environment.

When I'm feeling positive, nothing shitty can get in my way, be it failing to find a job, or failing to get a media pass for events coverage. I'd choose to believe that if this doesn't work out, maybe there's something else for me further down the road.

When I'm feeling very negative, even the smallest setbacks can throw me into a bottomless pit. The sinking feeling when I don't get any news from job applications, feeling like I'm useless. Or when I fail to get media passes... I wonder if I should give up because... How can I be so sure that I'd succeed someday?

Of course, I love the positive me (who doesn't love their own positive self!) because it gives me a lot of motivation and courage to try harder every time, and to take a step forward and try many more things. However, I often feel helpless in face of my own vulnerability. My heart sinks, but my brain keeps telling myself that it isn't the end of the world! But my heart ruled too often.

So... I'm feeling pretty positive lately. If you're feeling down... I hope you find the strength in you soon. (:

Afterall, the positivity can bring you to greater heights and the negativity will only bring you to rock bottom.